On Your Mark, Inc. offers a wide variety of therapeutic recreation programs for children and adults. Our programs serve over 400 people with a wide variety of creative and innovating programs. Classes are taught by talented and dedicated professionals. These programs provide opportunities to acquire new skills and experiences for individuals served as well as offer respite for their families.
We offer a Weekend Recreation Program on Friday evenings and Saturdays from October to May. Here, individuals participate in a variety of recreation, art and sports activities at various locations including functional fitness, swim, music, computer lab, and yoga. We also offer Day Trips, Overnights, and Sleep Away Camp during holidays and summer when the schools are closed. Previous trips include resorts and camps such as Split Rock, Camp Chen-A-Wanda, and Villa Roma. Weekend Recreation and Holiday Trips are also available in Brooklyn.
Other recreation programs offered throughout the week include:
- Ice Skating: This program takes place at the Clove Lake rink and incorporates instructional and free skate to individuals.
- Bowling: Instructional Bowling and a competitive Bowling League in the Summer are available.
- Theatre Program: Individuals participate in dance, sing, and drama provided by Theatre Company Directors. Weekend and Weekly rehearsals culminate in an end of the year performance. Past performances have included the Sound of Music, Grease, Fiddler on the Roof, Annie Get Your Gun, Hairspray , Peter Pan, Bye Bye Birdie, The Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin.
- Aquatics: Aquatic programs and instructional swim take place at our Inclusive Community Center (ICC.)
- After School Program: This program is offered to students who attend PS 37.
Therapeutic Recreation Schedule for 2018-2019
Begins: Friday, October 12th, 2018
Ends: Saturday, May 18th, 2019
- Thanksgiving Recess
Wednesday, November 21st, 2018 – Sunday, November 25th , 2018
(Resumes Monday, November 26th, 2018)
- Holiday Recess
Friday, December 21st, 2018- Tuesday, January 1st, 2019
(Resumes Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019)
- Winter Recess
Friday, February 15th, 2019 – Thursday, February 21st, 2019
(Resumes Friday, February 22nd, 2019)
- Spring Recess
Friday, April 19th- Thursday April 25th, 2019 "
(Resumes Friday, April 26th, 2019)
This calendar is tentative and subject to change. On days where there is inclement weather, check this website for delayed openings or closures.
We’re Here To Help!
For more information, please email us or contact Ms. Mary Giorgio, Director of Therapeutic Recreation at (718) 720-9233 Ext. 5023 or Ms. Eileen Cunningham, Director of Family Support Services at (718) 720-9233 Ext. 5027.